Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Baby Is ONE!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATIX!!!

What the heck?  Where did the time go?  I can't believe that my little Chubbs was born one whole year ago!  It's kinda freaking me out how much faster time is going by since having a baby.  One year ago, at 12:13 a.m., I became a momma to the sweetest little guy and it's been the best year of my life.  It's true what everyone says, I really can't imagine my life without him.  He's so much fun and I'm so glad we get to be his parents!  Here's some fun details about the cutest little boy EVER!

Nicknames:
Chubbs
Chubba Bubba
Boo Boo
Max
Mac

At 1 year, Matix...
Weighs
Is    tall
Has 6 teeth!  3 on top and 3 on bottom.  He has 2 more about to break through at any moment!
Crawls
Walks along couches, walls, bar stools...
Claps
Squeals
Jabbers
Finally sleeps like a champ at night, usually 12 hours
Takes one, 2-3 hour nap



Matix's LOVES:
  • He LOVES his grandma more than anything or anyone!  He goes completely wild when he sees her and will leap out of my arms to get to her.
  • He LOVES balloons!  He can spot a balloon from a mile away.  We'll be walking through the store and all of a sudden, Matix starts reaching for something and trying to stand up.  100% of the time, there will be a balloon (or something round hanging from the ceiling resembling a balloon) in the direction he is reaching for.  Luckily for him, his grandpa is like a little kid and has his own helium tank and lifetime supply of balloons so Matix gets a new balloon each time we visit.  
  • He LOVES the bathtub!  Whether there is water in there or not!  If I'm holding him and I walk the bathtub, he starts kicking his legs and tries to get in.  Once I turn the water on, he tries to climb over the side to get in.
  • He LOVES his binky "nini"!
  • He LOVES his momma.  He's become very attached to me the last couple of weeks.  It's so cute but also very hard to get things done.
  • He LOVES his dad.  No one can make Matix laugh like his dad can.
  • He LOVES any type of ball.  He also loves chewing on them.
  • He LOVES to point.  Sometimes at nothing at all.
  • He LOVES to pull things off shelves and out of cupboards.
  • He LOVES hair!  When he was about 4 months old, he started playing with his hair while nursing.  A few months later, he started playing with mine and hasn't stopped.  I'm surprised I'm not bald with the amount he pulls out.  He can't leave it alone!  When he was sick last month, he slept with us (horrible, I know) for a couple of nights and he would not fall asleep unless his arms were around my neck and he was twisting my hair.  It's cute to remember now but back then it made for sleepless nights for mom and dad.
  • He LOVES food.  The only thing he doesn't like so far is canned mandarin oranges.  Everything else he gobbles right up!  I love having him try new foods!  Fruits and vegetables are his very favorite.
  • He LOVES music.  Whenever he hears music he starts bouncing.  It's so cute!  Also, it helps him fall asleep in the car when he's tired.
  • He LOVES the colors orange and red.  Against my best efforts to make green his favorite color, orange and red are the colors he always gravitates towards.
  • He LOVES looking at pictures.  I was at work the other day and Josh sent me a picture of Matix looking at my picture.  Josh said Matix kept wanting to get picked up and taken over to look at our pictures.  It totally made my day and made me miss my little guy so much!  Turns out, he loves looking at any picture but I like to pretend it was me he wanted to look at! 
  • He LOVES light switches!  He loves turning them off but can't quite turn them on yet...
  • He LOVES climbing up the stairs and is really good at it!  The first time he ever tried, he flew up them with ease!
  • He LOVES sitting in the sink while I get ready.  He sucks on our toothbrushes, throws my rubber bands and bobby pins everywhere, throws things on the floor (like my nail polish which broke!) and has a blast!  
What I LOVE about Matix:
  • How freaking darling he is!  I know I'm biased but I think he's just perfect!  I love his cute chubby cheeks and I could just kiss them all day long!  He has the prettiest blue eyes, cutest button nose and the most perfect lips!  I love how perfectly round his cute little face is and how huge it looks compared to his body!  I also love his handsome hair!  I was super surprised how quickly his hair grew in and how much he had.  I also just adore his new haircut!
  • He gives the best hugs EVER!  Right when you pick him up, he wraps his sweet little chubby hand around your neck and starts messing in your hair.
  • How excited he gets about things!  I love coming home from work and seeing his face.  He's always so excited to see me.  There is seriously nothing better in the world than seeing he face light up when he sees me.  I love getting him out of his crib in the morning or after naps because he's so happy and excited to us!  He also gets very excited to see his cousins and grandparents.  He kicks his legs and squeals.  He gets so excited about seeing balloons, the bathtub, balls and food!
  • I love how happy he is!  He's been the best baby ever.  He's so chill and easy going, everyone always comments on good he is.  I hope he keeps these qualities because I absolutely love them!
  • I love hearing him jibber jabber.  He "says" the funniest things and makes the funniest sounds.  Oh how I'd love to know what he was trying to say!
  • When he points (or just sticks his hand up in the air) and says, "Hooh!"  It's so funny and extremely darling.  My cute niece Claire, who is 11 months older, even notices and loves to say, "Mac say "Hooh!""  So funny!
  • How sweet and cuddly he is.  My sister Amy use to call him "Love Bug" and that's just what he is.  Since the day he was born he's been a cuddler and I LOVE it!  For the first 2 months of his life, I don't think he napped anywhere besides my chest.  
  • I love rocking him to sleep.  He cuddles right into me and starts messing in my hair! :)  I also love when he's not quite tired yet, or thinks he's not; he'll kneel on my lap and start bouncing, clapping and squealing. 

No comments: